IT specialist heat battery systems
Borg Energy Storage is looking for an IT-specialist to join the software & control systems department.About Borg Energy Storage
Borg Energy Storage is a start-up with currently 7 staff that builds smart underground thermal energy storage at the household level. Energy storage is a cornerstone of the transition towards renewable energy, since renewable sources themselves don’t offer the flexibility that e.g. natural gas fired power plants do. Solar and wind energy need to be stored in order to cover periods with less sun or wind. This is the case at the daily, weekly, and seasonal scale.
Over half of the total energy demand from households is heat demand, and heat storage is cheaper than electrical storage, up to an order of magnitude. To make heat storage available as widely as possible, Borg develops a product of mass customization.
The storage consists of ca. 4x3x2m patented EPS structure that contains 4m3 of water, a hydraulic set for coupling with the houses heating and hot water facilities, and a heat pump, complemented with local and remote control software to optimize energy flows.
In Q2 2023 we have implemented our 2nd and 3rd prototypes, and we’re making the last strides towards developing a commercial product by the end of the year. This entails a lot of testing and analysis. Following the test results we will be (re)developing particular parts of hardware or software in order to guarantee a failsafe product for our clients.Job description
Your work will focus on the control, intercompatibility, and connectivity of the Buffer Controller. You will be (re)designing, building, and testing PLC equipment for control of and communication with pumps, valves and other IoT devices. You will be working in a small team of 4 technicians of whom 2 have similar expertise, but you will be required to do portions of this work independently albeit in close collaboration.Requirements
Our ideal candidate would have or be:
- Broad knowledge of technical IT systems in the IoT domain, such as:
- I/O and interface busses
- SBC computer connectivity through IoT protocols like MQTT
- Experience with electrical engineering using programmable logic controllers e.g. for:
- PWM control of pumps and other actuators
- Modbus/RTU for actuators and sensor communication
- Node-RED integration of such functionality
- Nice to have: design and installation of electrical equipment in dwellings
- Skilled and experienced in technical communication through e.g. wiring diagrams both reading and creating them
- Able and preferably experienced with assembling test set-ups and plans in a structured way in close collaboration with your team
- Nice to have: proficient in Dutch
What do we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- The opportunity to help shape the company, as we’re still small and growing
- For questions you can reach out to Merlijn van Selm
- Applications (cover letter + resume) can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application period closes June 1st
Voor open sollicitaties of afstudeeropdrachten/stage (HBO/WO) kunt u contact opnemen met email@example.com.